Stain Removal Advise, Tips and Services
At Amazing Carpet, Tile, Grout, and Upholstery Cleaning we pride ourselves as the Arizona and Phoenix area premiere stainologist. We can remove most any spot that is not a permanent stain. During our pre-inspection we will ask the owners point out areas of concern. We will evaluate which spots will come out and those that are permanent.
The following is a list of conditions that may or may not allow spots to be removed
and the approximate chance ofremoval:
- Soda, juices, sugary type spots -water soluble relatively easy to remove.
- Urine, vomit– 50/50 % chance of removal
Depending on freshness, health, type of animal, diet, medicine, concentration of urine, if urine has been sitting for a long period of time, or improper attempt at removal chances are slim to totally remove stain.
- Blood – very good chance of removal (90%)
- Tea, coffee – 50/50 %, depends on whether tea or coffee is black, how hot, concentration and age of spill, and if owner has improperly attempted to remove.
- Red, green, blue dye, etc. – nearly impossible, unless conditions are just right. There are techniques through heat transfer, but additional charges apply.
- Oil, tar, grease – very good chance of removal (90%)
- Lipstick, makeup – very good chance of removal (90%)
- Hair dye – no chance
- Furniture stain – nearly impossible
- Bleach – impossible, color has been eliminated, must be dyed or patched with the same carpet.
- Mustard – nearly impossible
- Ketchup – 50/50%
- Rust – Depending on age, 90% chance of removal
- Yellowing – 50/50% depending on the age of spot or prior attempts to remove. We have several techniques to remove yellowing
- Gum and Wax – Easily removed (90%)
- Filtration (black lines around edges of wall base boards, furniture, etc.) –90%- We can lighten, but rarely do filtration lines come all the way out. Filtration soil is so fine it will get into the backing of the carpet, which is why it is so important to vacuum, vacuum, vacuum.
Carpet Cleaning Spot and Stain Removal Process
Acting quickly is the difference between a spot and a stain. Remember that it is only a spot and there is always something available (even water) to help with the removal of the spot before it becomes a stain.
-For large stains, work from outside the stain to the center to prevent spreading. So blot, blot, blot with a clean white towel. Then rinse with a warm (not hot) water. Knowing what was spilled will help determine what kind of solution to apply. Cleaning can remove only the stain from the carpet fibers. Liquids from spills can remain in the backing or padding. Through capillary action, the stain can wick back up into the surface of the carpet.
Cleaning Steps for Food and Beverage Spills
Carpet cleaning stains can be complex based on textile make-up and age of stain. If the stain persists after using the steps below, contact Amazing for further action to remove carpet stains. First, pick up all solid materials. Next, absorb as much as the spill as possible with a clean white towel. Blot the spot (don’t rub or scrub). Rubbing and scrubbing will damage the carpet. Using dish soap, 1 half teaspoon to 1 qt. of water, pour around the stain, remembering to work from outside of the stain to the center to prevent spreading.Blot area until stain is removed. Lastly, rinse with warm water and again blot up excess of water.
Cleaning Steps for Pet Stains
- First, remove any solid material. Blot, don’t rub as much of the pet accident as possible. Absorb as much liquid as possible with a clean white towel. Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with three cups of warm water and pour around the stain, remembering to work from outside of the stain to the center to prevent spreading. Blot area until stain is removed. Lastly, rinse with warm water and again blot up excess of water.
- Allow any cleaning solutions to remain on the spill for at least ten minutes.
- If a stain persists, repeat the above processes, until the stain is removed.
- If this doesn’t work call Amazing at (602) 434-2525
- Final step, place a clean, dry, white towel over the stain area. Place a weight on top of the towel that is non-staining glass, ceramic, plastic, etc. As the carpet dries, any remaining part of the stain will evaporate or wick into the towel. Completing the stain removal process.
Today’s Tile and Carpet Promotions
Get your free spring special online coupons. Just click on the image below and
get four rooms plus a hall for only $99.00. What a deal!!!
Today’s quick Tip
Make your carpeting last longer
It is a well-documented fact that soil can cause
premature wear to carpets.
Traffic lanes can become a permanent eyesore
that can’t be effectively cleaned that result in the
carpet is discarded long before its time. This is a costly and unnecessary mistake.
The application of protectorant along with proper
maintenance of the carpet can prevent this
premature loss of value.
Check back with us often as we keep adding more carpet cleaning servicesFor more tips and how to’s and to get most of your
questions answered visit our carpet cleaning tips and FAQ’s page here!
Do you live in one of Phoenix Arizona ‘s neighboring cities like Mesa Arizona? No problem, we service the whole Valley of the Sun.
Mesa, here we are to serve!